At My Life My Choice, we are thankful to be able to support our youth through every up and down life throws their way. We are sustained by celebrating each and every small, yet so significant, glimpse of hope and positive change in our mentees’ lives. Here are just five of the many things we have to be grateful for this holiday season at My Life My Choice.
1. With the support of her mentor, Anna, age 17, started her first treatment for tattoo removal. She told her mentor that she feels that she’s taking control of her life for the first time in a while.
2. Trina, age 16 is our newest mentee. After having gone missing from care and being exploited for several years, she is finally safe at home living with a grandparent. At her assessment, she opened up about her experiences for the first time and has been paired with one of our incredible Survivor Mentors.
3. Maria, age 20, is completing her basic training for the U.S. Army Reserves. We are so proud to see her working to achieve her goals.
4. Since getting out of DYS last month, Jose, age 15, is making great progress in his recovery staying clean and sober, joined ROTC at his new school, and is a peer leader in his local juvenile probation department.
5. This fall, Laura, age 19, moved into her own apartment. With the help of a generous donor and support of her mentor and case management team, she was able to fully furnish it to make it feel like home. She also started her degree in Criminology at Bunker Hill Community College and is working at her full time job as a security guard. We can’t wait to see what she does next.
From all of us at My Life My Choice, thank you for your support. We wish you and your loved ones a happy and peaceful Thanksgiving.